Academic Advising is a great opportunity for you to engage with an advisor to assist in identifying academic goals, developing educational plans, and maximizing your educational experience. If you have an assigned adviser, please check the specific instructions below for making an appointment with that individual. If you do not have an assigned adviser, or are interested in speaking with a BMB advisor about changing majors or minoring in one of our programs, please call 814-863-5487 to schedule an appointment.
Meet Our Advisors
- All appointments with Ms. Jenn Keefer for Spring 2022 will be conducted via Zoom and can be scheduled in Starfish.
- All appointments with Ms. Amber Miller will be conducted via Zoom or in-person. Select your preference when scheduling the appointment on Starfish. If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, no matter how mild, please select a Zoom meeting.
- If you are not one of Ms. Keefer or Ms. Miller’s assigned advisees and would like to schedule an appointment with one of them, please call 814-863-5487.
- In addition to a student's assigned BMB faculty advisor, first and second year students can also contact Ms. Jennifer Keefer to set up a meeting to discuss degree requirements, Schreyer plans, course selection, and other general advising topics.
- In addition, if you have questions about Honors Program specific forms, or deadlines, please follow the link to the Honors Program.
- Pre-health and Health Professions Advising is available to any Penn State student who wants to explore, prepare, and apply for training in a health profession career.
- Students interested in health professions are encouraged to reach out to the pre-health advisors within the Science Advising Center.
- Petition requests for common petitions (ie move 3 for general education) can be entered though our online petition form.
- Requests to substitute non-BMB independent research credits in place of BMB 496 can be entered via the Substitution on Non-BMB Independent Research Credits Request Form.
- For any other petition requests, please attend walk-in advising or call 814-863-5487 to schedule an appointment to discuss your petition request.