Use your summer to get a head start on your career.
As a student at the Eberly College of Science, you have the option to receive course credit for your internships as you advance your scientific skills.
Internship Program Guidelines
- To receive credit, your internship must relate in some way to your academic plan and educational goals.
- Internship credit is offered via SC 294 or SC 494, depending on the skills and responsibilities required by the position.
- The course cannot be added retroactively after the start of the internship experience, so you’ll need to apply in advance.
- Registration for SC 294 and SC 494 is limited to students with major and minors in the Eberly College of Science.
Apply to the Internship Program
Complete the following steps to apply to receive credit for your internship. Remember: You must complete this process before your internship starts.
- Meet with your academic adviser to complete and sign the Adviser Approval Form.
- Obtain a copy of your offer letter on company stationery. Your offer letter must contain the following information:
- job title
- exact start and end dates
- hours to be worked per week
- specific address of where you will be working
- brief description of duties
- employer signature and the signer’s name and title
- Apply through the online application and submit all required materials.
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact the Office of Science Engagement
If you have additional questions or need help starting the internship process, reach out to the Office of Science Engagement.
For professional development questions:
Dr. Ann Marie Daniel
You can use Starfish to schedule an appointment with Ann Marie Daniel.
Explore more professional development opportunities.
The Office of Science Engagement is your resource for science experiences that go beyond the classroom. Find out what types of opportunities we can connect you to, or explore how Penn State’s career resources can support your efforts.