Each year, the BMMB graduate program brings together students from all over the United States and the world. Our students form a tight-knit group that work together both in research and life. A few examples of yearly events include hiking, camping trips, mountain biking, pumpkin carving, Tussey Mountain Wingfest, Spikes baseball games, Penn State football games and tailgates, just to name a few. In addition, the BMB department hosts a fall welcome picnic and holiday party every December. The BMMB Graduate Student Association has put together the below resources for prospective students.
This is a short list of some of the housing options for graduate students. Included are a few of the common apartment complexes for graduate students, on campus housing and home listings.
|StateCollege.com||Cooper's Pond Townhomes and Turtle Creek Apartments|
|Penn State Graduate and Family Housing at White Course Apartments||Toftrees Apartments|
|The Apartment Store||Falk Realty|
|Remax, Centre Realty||Craigslist, State College|
Ms. Linda Kunes can assist you in connecting with classmates. Additionally, Penn State maintains two sites to help find a roommate. There are local roommate wanted ads on Craig’s list and statecollege.com.
|Student Affairs, Off-Campus Living Classifieds||Student Affairs, Off-Camous Living Roommate Search|
|HUB (Student Union) Dining||Order Up||State College Dining and Restaurant Guide||State College Menus|
Some BMMB favorites:
- The Deli serves a wide variety of excellent food at reasonable prices with great monthly/seasonal specials.
- Kamrai is a Thai Sushi House in Lemont. A short drive from town, Kamrai offers the best sushi in the area.
- Big Bowl Noodle House makes large servings of Asian style cuisine to order from fresh ingredients, and at very reasonable prices. (Cash only!)
- Green Bowl is an all-you-can-eat build-your-own stir fry buffet.
- Hi Way Pizza specializes in handmade pizzas.
- India Pavilion offers a lunch buffet and dinner to order, as well as take out.
Although it’s not common, some graduate students prefer purchasing a meal plan. More information on campus meal plans can be found at the Penn State Housing, Food Services, and Residence Life website.