Class of 2019
- Investigating the role of impact forces in the formation of three-dimensional fabric impressions in vehicle surfaces. Abigail Bender. PI: Ralph Ristenbatt.
- Comparison of Microbial and Elemental Profiles of Various Soil Samples for Forensic Application. Samantha Jarvis. PI: Mitchell Holland.
- Validation of the Rapid ResponseTM Fentanyl (FYL) Test Strip for the Detection of Fentanyl Class Opioids in Native and Mixture Form. Sarah Stratton. PI: Frank Dorman.
- Determination of Human Identity Using Mosquito Blood Meals. Shayna Gray. PI: Reena Roy.
- Characterization and Repair of Hydrolytically-Induced DNA Damage in the mtDNA Control Region via MPS Analysis. Sidney Gaston-Sanchez. PI: Mitchell Holland.
- Massively Parallel Sequencing and STR Analysis from Partial Bloody Fingerprints Enhanced with Columnar Thin Films. Teresa Tiedge. PI: Reena Roy.
Class of 2018
- Assessing Automated Image Analysis and Compound-Specific Stable Isotope Signatures for Small Arms Propellant Differentiation and Potential Brand Identification. Casey Brown. PI: Jack Hietpas.
- Assessing the Viability to Detect Decomposition Gases Using Sensors on Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. Jason Sanderson. PI: Jack Hietpas.
- Investigating Fundamental Factors Affecting the Formation of in vitro PMRB-like Features in Antemortem Head Hair. Katherine Ferrari. PI: Jack Hietpas.
- Analysis of Peptide Metabolism Through in vitro Methods for Doping Detection of Growth Hormone Releasing Peptides. Kendra Prutton. PI: Frank Dorman.
- Evaluation of the Investigator 24plex GO! Using Crime Scene Substrates. Marcel Burton. PI: Reena Roy.
- The Effect of Decomposition on Powder Stippling Patterns. Meghan Dougher. PI: Jason Brooks.
- Assessing Repair Mechanisms for Damaged Mitochondrial DNA. Rachel Bonds. PI: Michell Holland.
- Assessing the potential for secondary transfer of gunshot residue to bystanders through contact with surfaces that were near the discharge of a firearm. Ryan Schonert. PI: Jack Hietpas.
- Comparison of Drop and Contact Transfer Blood Deposits on Fabrics. Swathi Murali. PI: Ralph Ristenbatt.
- Analysis of Firework Residue for their Potential to Produce GSR-like Particles. Xiao Shan Law. PI: Jack Hietpas.
Class of 2017
- Liquid Transport of Blood Through Fabric and Its Effect on Bloodstain Morphology. Abigial Acio. PI: Ralph Ristenbatt.
- Amitriptyline Bacterial Degradation on Pericardial Fluid. Bruno Rodriguez-Rodriguez. PI: Rena Roy.
- Shooting Distance Estimation using Gunshot Residue on Mammalian Pelts. Cory Weiss. PI: Ralph Ristenbatt.
- Massively Parallel Sequencing of Highly Fragmented Skeletal Material in Forensic Casework. Elena Zavala. PI: Mitchell Holland.
- Assessing Heteroplasmic Variant Drift in the mtDNA Control Region of Human Hairs using an MPS Approach. Jamie Gallimore. PI: Mitchell Holland.
- Investigation of Factors Affecting the Formation of Three-Dimensional Fabric Imprint Patterns in Automotive Surfaces. Rachel Downey. PI: Ralph Ristenbatt.
- Development of Unified GC-MS/FID Method to Determine Various Classes of Synthetic Drugs Using Retention-Indices. Sarah Howshall. PI: Frank Dorman.
- An Examination of Hypergolic Mixtures Involving Potassium Permanganate and Select Fuels. Stephanie Harrold. PI: Wayne Moorhead.
Class of 2016
- Analysis and Comparison of Fatty Acid Compositions in Latent and Smudged Fingermarks via Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS) and Comprehensive Two-Dimensional Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (GCxGC-MS). Caitlin Cobern. PI: Frank Dorman.
- Natural Degradation of Smokeless Powder Over a Fifteen Year Period. Corey Kroptavich. PI: Wayne Moorehead.
- Maggots and Murder: Detection of Human DNA in Fly Larvae. Katelyn Gigl. PI: Reena Roy.
- Evaluation of the RapidHIT System for the Analysis of Mixed Biological Samples that Mimic those Potentially Recovered from Victims of Human Trafficking. Laura Wilson. PI: Mitchell Holland.
- Considering the Impact of DNA Damage on the Interpretation of Low-Level mtDNA Heteroplasmy. Molly Rathbun. PI: Mitchell Holland.
Class of 2015
- Generating DNA Profiles from Crime Scene Samples Commonly Encountered in The United Arab Emirates Using the RapidHIT™ System. Aamer Alshehhi. PI: Reena Roy.
- Direct Y-STR Amplification of Body Fluids Deposited on Commonly Found Crime Scene Substrates. Amanda Dargay. PI: Reena Roy.
- Evaluation of Forensically Informative SNP Multiplexes Using Next Generation Sequencing. Ashley Silvia. PI: Jenifer Smith.
- Analytical Method Development for Gas Chromatographic Analysis of Piperazine Designed Drugs. Kathleen Luo. PI: Frank Dorman.
- Evaluation of Gas Chromatography Parameters for Improved Analysis of Explosives by Gas Chromatography-Electron Capture Detector. Lindsay Mitchell. Pi: Frank Dorman.
- Obtaining DNA Profiles from Chemically Preserved Tissue Samples. Maryam Alqaydi. PI: Reena Roy.
- Determination of Emerging Contaminants in Wastewater Utilizing Comprehensive Two-Dimensional Gas-Chromatography Coupled with Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry. Sarah Prebihalo. PI: Frank Dorman.
- White-Light vs. Short-Wavelength Ultraviolet Illumination o Fingerprints Developed with Columnar Thin Films of Alq3. Stephanie Plazibat. PI: Reena Roy.
- A Comparison of Traditional and Novel Fingerprint Enhancements, and Subsequent DNA Degradation. Zachary Goecker. PI: Reena Roy.
Class of 2014
- Direct Amplification Using Various Swabs and Washing Reagents. PI: Reena Roy.
- Investigating the Molecules of Death. Rachel Bower. PI: Dan Sykes.
- Environmental Forensics of Wastewater Samples for Determination of Emerging Contaminants. Adrienne Brockman. PI: Frank Dorman.
- Analysis of Cytostatic and Cytotoxic Agents in Wastewater, Surface Water, and Drinking Water. Jordan Stubleski. PI: Frank Dorman.
Class of 2013
- The Analysis of Antidepressants in Aqueous Samples using Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry—Stationary Phase Optimization and Mass Spectrometric Complications. Kenton Chodara. PI: Dan Sykes.
- Assessing the Ancestral Origin of Ancient Human Remains from Croatian Burial Sites using Mitochondrial DNA Analysis. Ayano Fox. PI: Mitchell Holland.
- An Evaluation of Direct PCR Amplification. Daniel Hall. PI: Reena Roy.
- Comparison of Techniques to Assess the “Impact Angle” or a Blood Droplet Stain. Clare Hubbard. PI: Ralph Ristenbatt.
- Detection of Insertion/Deletion Polymorphisms from Challenged Samples. Rebecca Klein. PI: Reena Roy.
- The Analytical Investigation of Synthetic Street Drugs. Amanda Leffler. PI: Frank Dorman.
- QA/QC of Herbal Incense Samples by GC-MS and LC-MS/MS. Sharyn Miller. PI: Dan Sykes.
- Environmental Forensic Investigation for Identifying Sources of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in a Stream. Melinda Pham. PI: Frank Dorman.
- Reporting Logic for mtDNA Heteroplasmy when Using a Next Generation Sequencing Approach. Liam Phillips. PI: Mitchell Holland.
- Progress in the Visualization of Latent Fingerprints on Nonporous Substrates using Columnar Thin Films. Stephanie Williams. PI: Robert Shaler and Akhlesh Lakhtakia.
Class of 2012
- Assessment of the Methods Used to Approximate the Trajectory of a Bullet. Carly Conrad. PI: Ralph Ristenbatt.
- An Assessment of the Inaccuracy of the Model Used to Approximate to Trajectory of a Blood Drop. Kathryn Kinzler. PI: Ralph Ristenbatt.
- Examining Mitochondrial DNA in Human Hair Shafts using 454 Life Sciences Next Generation Sequencing. Kerry McGinley. PI: Mitch Holland.
- New Kit on the Block: Validation of DIPplex® Kit from Qiagen. Kaylie McGuire. PI: Reena Roy.
- Columnar Thin Film Development of Latent Fingerprints on Forensically Relevant Substrates. Sarah Muhlberger. PI: Robert Shaler and Akhlesh Lakhtakia.
- Examining Effects of PCR Conditions on mtDNA Heteroplasmy using Next Generation Sequencing. Lauren Rothwell. PI: Mitchell Holland.
Return to the Forensic Science Research page
Return to the Forensic Science Undergrad Student page
Return to the Forensic Science Grad Student page
Return to the Forensic Science home page