Penn State requires graduate students to be continually enrolled while working towards their degree. This means students will need to register for classes every fall and spring. Students will only register for classes in the summer when needed (Please see Summer Registration Guidelines for more information).
All students will register using the student portal in LionPATH. Registration opens at different times depending on student status.
Registration Dates Fall 2019
- Schedule of Courses Opens: 2/4
- LionPATH Enrollment Shopping Cart Opens: 2/27
- Registration Opens: 3/19 (36+ credits), 3/21 (20-35 credits), 3/26 (0-19 credits)
- Last day to register: 8/25
Registration Dates Spring 2020
- Schedule of Courses Opens: TBD
- LionPATH Enrollment Shopping Cart Opens: TBD
- Open: TBD (36+ credits), TBD (20-35 credits), TBD (0-19 credits)
- Last day to register: 1/12
Instructions for how to register using LionPATH
Pre-Registration Activity Guide and Financial Responsibility Agreement
Remember!!! In order to register you must complete the "Pre-Registration Activity Guide" and "Financial Responsibility Agree" EVERY SEMESTER! You should be able to find it under your "To Do List" in LionPATH.
LionPATH Student Center Screen Shot. Holds and To-Do Lists are highlighted with red circles