2022 ECoS Summer Undergraduate Research Program
The Eberly College of Science Summer Undergraduate Research Program is a 10-week summer training program designed to give motivated Penn State undergraduates in the college the opportunity to engage in full-time (40 hrs/wk) research and related professional development activities. Our goal is to offer students experiences that will help them determine if they want to pursue a career in research while they develop skills for success at Penn State and beyond. The program requires participation in weekly research and professional development seminars, periodic social events, and a final poster. Students selected to participate in this training program will be paid ~$4,000. Faculty research mentors may receive up to $500 in discretionary funds.
Though all ECoS undergraduates are encouraged to apply, preference will be given to students:
- in their first and second year students or students who have changed campuses,
- with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher,
- without significant research experience, e.g., a full-time summer research experience or 2 semesters of part-time research,
- not in the Schreyer Honors College,
- willing to commit to research with the same mentor after the summer program, and
- proposing to conduct research with Eberly College of Science faculty mentors.
Because summer undergraduate research fellows must commit at least 40 hrs/wk to the training program, fellows are not permitted to engage in any activities that may interfere with program activities.
Students are strongly encouraged to build relationships with faculty references as well as potential faculty mentors before drafting an application to the program.
An application will be posted at a later date, and they will be due March 16, 2022.
- Preview Application - to be posted
- Application - to be posted
- Faculty Reference Info - to be posted