Learn about the resources and initiatives across Penn State and within the Eberly College of Science that
promote a culture of inclusivity for the LGBTQ+ community and celebrates the diversity of our students, faculty and staff.
Penn State Diversity Education Resources
- Safer People Safer Places Network – workshops that seek to create a safer and more inclusive environment for sexual and gender diversity
- Diversity Education – educational workshops offered by the Affirmative Action Office
- Stand for State – programming that teaches you how to take action when you witness bias or other events
Penn State Policies and Reporting Resources
- Resources to Report Wrongdoing – Reporting bias and harassment
- Student Code of Conduct – Outlines unacceptable behavior by students and student organizations
- Red Folder – A guide to help faculty and staff recognize, respond and refer distressed students
- Penn State Policy AD29 – Statement on Intolerance
- Penn State Policy AD85 – Regarding Sexual and/or Gender-Based Harassment and Misconduct
- Penn State Policy AD91 – Regarding Discrimination and Harassment, and Related Inappropriate Conduct
- Project Biodiversify - A repository of teaching materials and methods aimed at enhancing human diversity and inclusivity in biology courses.
- What LGBTQ Students Want from Their Faculty
- Ask Me: What LGBTQ Students Want Their Faculty to Know
International LGBTQ+ STEM Organizations
Many professional scientific societies have task forces or committees charged to assess, promote, and ensure the inclusion of LGBTQ+ members
in the society in order to build a community of support. Learn about their initiatives and outcomes.
The RSN welcomes input to these lists of resources. If you know additional resources including international LGBTQ+ organizations for our overseas students and our students studying abroad or professional societies with LGBTQ+ diversity efforts, please email information to firstname.lastname@example.org.