FACILITY ISSUES & EMERGENCIES
To report non-urgent maintenance requests for labs and offices, please email .
For urgent matters, please contact Aaron Knight at 814-863-2154 during regular business hours, or call 814-933-7310 after hours (emergencies only).
OPP, Area 4 Service Desk (7am to 3:30pm): 814-865-4317
OPP, Work Reception Center (after hours): 814-865-4731
Aaron Knight, Department Facilities Rep (business hours and emergencies): 814-933-7310
EQUIPMENT REPAIRS, MOVES & DISPOSALS
To initiate equipment repairs or moves, please contact Aaron Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 865-2154.
For disposal of equipment, the removal of any hazardous materials (oil, gases/refrigerant) must be completed beforehand. Contact Aaron Knight to initiate a work order with OPP. Please note that this cost will be charged to the current user/PI. In addition, any large items, such as ultra-low freezers and deli cases, will have to be removed and transported by OPP, thus there is an additional charge associated with this.
For smaller items, please place them in the receiving area by the loading dock on 1st floor in Mueller Lab and send an email to with a list of items, including any property tag #’s found on any equipment.
For key and swipe issuance, please fill out this , complete with the supervisor and requestor’s signature, and return to the key custodian in 208 Mueller Lab.
*Huck occupants would need to return the form to 101 Huck Life Sciences Bldg.
To report an injury, please notify the departmental safety officer (Aaron Knight) within 24 hours of the incident, if possible.
Paid Employees: You must contact Aaron Knight to setup an appointment to meet ASAP. A first report of injury must be completed with the University’s worker’s compensation handler.
Students and Volunteers: Please complete the following form and send to the address listed at the top of the form. Also, please notify the department safety officer for record purposes and possible follow-up.
The Office of Environmental Health & Safety (EHS), with the support of the department and Eberly College, requires specific safety trainings for all faculty, staff and students engaged in laboratory research. Below is a current list of trainings which are located on EHS’s and by following the ‘Training’ quick link located to the right.
- Laboratory Safety and Laboratory Hazard Communication
- Laboratory Safety Initial – UP (first year/new hires or volunteers)
- Laboratory Safety Refresher (subsequent hires)
* When completed, please send a copy for departmental records to Aaron Knight via email or inter-campus mail, 220 Mueller Lab. An additional copy should also be kept with the lab’s Laboratory and Research Safety Plan.
- Laboratory/Research Safety Officer Training (Principal investigators and lab safety officers only)
- Pesticide Worker Protection Standard (requirement for greenhouse access and use)
- Machine Shop Safety – Required with the use of tools inside the lab or in the field when conducting University research. See for an overview and required forms.
* Please send a copy to Aaron Knight for departmental records.