Admission to our Graduate Program is granted jointly by the Penn State Graduate School and the Department of Biology.
You should also review the Requirements for Graduate Admission before applying.
Steps to Take (Domestic and International Students)
To apply, please complete the following by December 15th of each year for fall admission:
- Provide the names and contact information for three references.
- Upload a personal statement of purpose describing professional interests and career goals.
- Upload a resume or curriculum vitae.
- Upload a list of the Graduate Faculty with whom you are interested in working.
- Upload an official copy of transcripts (university records) from each institution of higher education attended as an undergraduate or graduate student. International transcripts must be submitted in both the original language and in English. Examples of documents that are not acceptable are: advising transcripts or a degree audit from a self-service website.
B. International applicants must also submit results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) electronically to Penn State. Institution code: 2660.
Scores from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) can be submitted in lieu of the TOEFL. Hard copy scores should be sent directly from the IELTS testing agency to Penn State's Graduate School at the following address:
The Pennsylvania State University
Graduate Enrollment Services
114 Kern Building
University Park, PA 16802
General inquiries may be directed to:
Graduate Program Coordinator
Department of Biology
208 Mueller Lab
University Park, 16802 USA
Phone: (814) 863-7034