Eberly College of Science Climate and Diversity Awards
- 2019 Kallan Berglund (graduate student with Prof. Bojowald)
- 2018 Kristen Dreyer (staff) and Eric Hudson (faculty)
- 2017 Randi Neshteruk (staff)
- 2015 PAW (Physics and Astronomy Women)
- 2012 – Ashley DaSilva (worked Prof. Jainendra Jain)
- 2009 ‘second year Physics graduate students
2014 Graduate Student Service Award
Kathryne Sparks Woodle, a candidate for a doctoral degree in physics, has been honored with the 2014 Graduate Student Service Award.
The award, established in 1991, recognizes a graduate student who has best combined high academic achievement with leadership in University or other public activities.
Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting
- 2019 - Aishwarya Kumar (69th meeting)
- 2016 - Lucas Hackl (66th meeting)
MIT '35 Innovators under 35'
- Dr. Abinhav Kandala (currently IBM staff member at Yorktown Heights) was recognized for his pioneering work quantum computing [Nature 549, 242 (2017); Nature 567, 491 (2019)].
Office of Science Graduate Student Research award
The Office of Science Graduate Student Research Award program provides supplemental awards to outstanding U.S. graduate students to pursue part of their graduate thesis research at a DOE laboratory in areas that address scientific challenges central to the Office of Science mission. The research opportunity is expected to advance the graduate students’ overall doctoral thesis while providing access to the expertise, resources, and capabilities available at the DOE laboratories.
- 2016 -- Kelly Malone (for research at Los Alamos National Lab).
- 2015 - Mark Dellostritto (for research at Oakridge National Research Lab).
Helmholtz Alliance for Astroparticle Physics Award (i-Progress)
- 2016 -- Alan Coleman (for research visit to the Karlsruher Institut for Technology)
Chateaubriand STEM Fellow
- 2019 -- William Faugno
- 2016 -- Alan Coleman
Bergman-Wheeler Prize of the International Society for General Relativity and Gravitation
- 2010 – Victor Taveras
Juergen Ehlers prize of the International Society for General Relativity and Gravitation
- 2010 – Nicolas Yunes
Pennsylvania Space Grant Consortium (PSGC) Graduate Fellowship
- 2013 - Elliot Nelson
RHIC and AGS Thesis Award
- 2012 – Leonard Eun (worked with Prof. Steve Heppelmann)
Science, Mathematics & Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship for Service Program
- 2013 - Michael Skocik