Mail: 104 Davey Lab, PMB #109
University Park, PA 16802
Institute of Nuclear Sciences and Technology (ICSTN), Havana, Cuba (B.S. in Nuclear Physics, Summa Cum Laude), 1999
Institute of Nuclear Sciences and Technology (ICSTN), Havana, Cuba (M.S. in Nuclear Physics), 2000
University of Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany (Ph.D. in Physics, Summa Cum Laude), 2004
Honors and Awards
- Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (2019)
- Faculty Scholar Medal for Outstanding Achievement in the Physical Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University (2019)
- Highly Cited Researcher in the field of Physics, Clarivate Analytics Web of Science Group (2019)
- Vice Chair ('16-'17), Chair-Elect ('17-'18), Chair ('18-'19), and Past Chair ('19-'20), Division of Computational Physics (DCOMP) of the American Physical Society
- Fellow of the American Physical Society (2015)
- Kavli Fellow of the National Academy of Sciences (2015)
- Young Scientist Prize - Structure and Dynamics of Condensed Matter - International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP) (2011)
Selected Publications (last five years)
- J. M. Wilson, N. Malvania, Y. Le, Y. Zhang, M. Rigol, and D. S. Weiss, Observation of Dynamical Fermionization, Science 367, 1461 (2020).
- K. Mallayya and M. Rigol. Heating Rates in Periodically Driven Strongly Interacting Quantum Many-Body Systems. Phys. Rev. Lett. 123, 240603 (2019).
- K. Mallayya, M. Rigol, and W. De Roeck. Prethermalization and Thermalization in Isolated Quantum Systems. Phys. Rev. X 9, 021027 (2019).
- K. Mallayya and M. Rigol. Quantum Quenches and Relaxation Dynamics in the Thermodynamic Limit. Phys. Rev. Lett. 120, 070603 (2018).
- L. Vidmar and M. Rigol. Entanglement Entropy of Eigenstates of Quantum Chaotic Hamiltonians. Phys. Rev. Lett. 119, 220603 (2017).
- L. Vidmar, L. Hackl, E. Bianchi, and M. Rigol. Entanglement Entropy of Eigenstates of Quadratic Fermionic Hamiltonians. Phys. Rev. Lett. 119, 020601 (2017).
- L. Vidmar, D. Iyer, and M. Rigol. Emergent eigenstate solution to quantum dynamics far from equilibrium. Phys. Rev. X 7, 021012 (2017).
- M. Rigol. Fundamental Asymmetry in Quenches Between Integrable and Nonintegrable Systems. Phys. Rev. Lett. 116, 100601 (2016).
- L. D'Alessio and M. Rigol. Dynamical preparation of Floquet Chern insulators. Nat. Commun. 6, 8336 (2015).
- L. D'Alessio, Y. Kafri, A. Polkovnikov, and M. Rigol. From Quantum Chaos and Eigenstate Thermalization to Statistical Mechanics and Thermodynamics. Adv. Phys. 65, 239-362 (2016).
- L. Vidmar and M. Rigol. Generalized Gibbs ensemble in integrable lattice models. J. Stat. Mech. 064007 (2016).
- M. A. Cazalilla, R. Citro, T. Giamarchi, E. Orignac, and M. Rigol. One dimensional bosons: From condensed matter systems to ultracold gases. Rev. Mod. Phys. 83, 1405-1466 (2011).