The Pennsylvania State University
Department of Physics
104 Davey Lab, PMB 169
Lab: Davey 012 and 019
Phone: (814) 865-3628 (Office) / (814) 865-7114 (Lab)
Ph.D. (Physics), Brown University, 2009.
- Assistant Professor, Pennsylvania State University (2017-).
- Assistant Project Scientist, University of California, Santa Barbara (2015-2016).
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate, University of California, Santa Barbara (2014 - 2015).
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Laboratorio de Instrumentacao e Fısica Experimental de Partıculas, Coimbra, Portugal (2009 - 2013).
Honors and Awards
- 2018 DOE Early Career Research Program Award.
- 2010-2013 Research Fellowship, Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT), Portugal.
- D.M. Asner et al. (Project 8 Collaboration), “Single electron detection and spec-troscopy via relativistic cyclotron radiation”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 114, 162501, 2015.
- D.S. Akerib et al. (LUX Collaboration), “Radiogenic and muon-induced back-grounds in the LUX dark matter detector”, Astropart. Phys. 62, 33-46, 2015.
- D.S. Akerib et al. (LUX Collaboration), “First results from the LUX dark matter experiment at the Sanford Underground Research Facility”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 112, 091303, 2014.
- D.S. Akerib et al. (LUX Collaboration), “Technical results from the surface run of the LUX dark matter experiment”, Astropart. Phys. 45, 34-43, 2013.
- Dark Matter and Neutrino Mass Group
- Measurement of the neutrino mass, using novel radio-frequency techniques (Project 8 experiment).
- Direct detection of dark matter, using liquid noble gas detectors (LUX and LZ experiments).