Leningrad University (M.S., Theoretical Physics), 1972
Leningrad Institute of Nuclear Physics (Ph.D., Theoretical Physics), 1978
Leningrad Institute of Nuclear Physics (Professor Habilitatus Degree), 1988
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, CERN, 2013
- Humboldt Research Award, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, 2009
- Humboldt Research Award, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, 1999
- Fellow, American Physical Society, 1997
- M.M. Sargsian, J. Arrington, W. Bertozzi, W. Boeglin, C.E. Carlson, D.B. Day, L.L. Frankfurt, K. Egiyan, R. Ent, S. Gilad, K. Girffioen, D.W. Hinginbotham, S. Kuhn, W. Melnitchouk, G.A. Miller, E. Paisetzky, S. Stepanyan, M.I. Strikman, L.B. Weinstein, "Hadrons in the nuclear medium," J. Phys. G 29, R1 (2003) [arXiv:nucl-th/0210025]
- L. Frankfurt, M. Strikman, and M. Zhalov "Coherent photoproduction from nuclei" Acta Phys. Polon. B 34, 3215 (2003) [arXiv:hep-ph/0304301]
- A. Accardi, N. Armesto, M. Botje, S.J. Brodsky, B. Cole, K.J. Eskola, G. Fai, L. Frankfurt, R.J. Fries, W. Geist, V. Guzey, H. Honkanen, V.J. Kolhinen, Yu.V. Kovchegov, M. McDermott, A. Morsch, J.W. Qiu, C.A. Salgado, M. Strikman, H. Takai, S. Tapprogge, R. Vogt, X. F. Zhang, "Hard probes in heavy ion collisions at the LHC: PDFs, shadowing and p A collisions" arXiv:hep-ph/0308248, 121pp, CERN Yellow book, Hard probes in Heavy Ion Collisions at LHC", in press (our contributions pp. 34-37, 95-106).
- L. Frankfurt, V. Guzey and M. Strikman, "Nuclear shadowing in inclusive and tagged deuteron structure functions and extraction of F2(p)-F2(n) at small x from electron deuteron collider data,"Modern Physics Letters, A21 (2006) 23-40.
- "The Physics of Ultraperipheral Collisions at the LHC" Editors and Conveners: K. Hencken, M. Strikman, R. Vogt, P. Yepes. Contributors: A. J. Baltz, G. Baur, D. d'Enterria, L. Frankfurt, F. Gelis, V. Guzey, K. Hencken, Yu. Kharlov, M. Klasen, S.R. Klein, V. Nikulin, J. Nystrand, I. A. Pshenichnov, S. Sadovsky, J. Seger, M. Strikman, M. Tverskoy, R. Vogt, S.N. White, U.A. Wiedemann, P. Yepes, M. Zhalov, Phys. Rep. 458 1-171, 2008, arXiv:0706.3356 [nucl-th]
- L. Frankfurt, M. Sargsian and M. Strikman, "Recent observation of short range nucleon correlations in nuclei and their implications for the structure of nuclei and neutron stars," Int. J. Mod. Phys. A 23 2991 (2008), arXiv:0806.4412 [nucl-th].
- C. A. Salgado, J. Alvarez-Muniz, F. Arleo, N. Armesto, M. Botje, M. Cacciari, J. Campbell and C. Carli et. al., "Proton-Nucleus Collisions at the LHC: Scientific Opportunities and Requirements," J. Phys. G G 39, 015010 (2012) [arXiv:1105.3919 [hep-ph]]
- L. Frankfurt, V. Guzey, M. Strikman, "Leading twist nuclear shadowing phenomena in hard processes with nuclei," Phys. Rept. 512, 255 (2012) [arXiv:1106-2091 [hep-ph]].
- L. Frankfurt and M. Strikman, "QCD and QED dynamics in the EMC effect," Int. J. Mod. Phys. E 21, 1230002 (2012) [arXiv:1203.5278 [hep-ph]].
- J. L. Abelleira Fernandez et. al. [LHeC Study Group Collaboration], "A Large Hadron Electron Collider at CERN: Report on the Physics and Design Concepts for Machine and Detector," J. Phys. G G 39, 075001 (2012) [arXiv:1206.2913 [physics.acc-ph]]
I am interested in studying aspects of quantum chromodynamics (QCD) in deep inelastic scattering and vector meson production from nuclei as well as particle physics in nuclear interactions. The goal of studying such processes is to put limits on leading twist perturbative QCD methods, to determine the tomography of nuclei, and to study the onset of new regimes of perturbative QCD. I am also interested in nonperturbative models of strong interactions and high energy particle diffraction.