Stochastic Modeling and Computational Statistics
SMAC talks are held each Friday during fall and spring semesters from 10:10 AM to 11:00 AM on Zoom. Talks last 40 minutes, with time for clarification questions. The last 10 minutes are for open-ended discussion.
The general guidelines for each talk:
- 40 minutes for each talk + 10 minutes for discussion.
- The talk should be accessible to all grad students who have completed 1 year of the program.
- Informal style. For instance, chalk and blackboard talks are welcome.
- Interruptions during the talk are welcome but they should only be for clarifications; longer questions are to be left to the discussion period.
- Unpublished work may not be shared or discussed outside the group without the permission of the speaker/author.
- While a large proportion of the talks may be related to stochastic modeling and computing, a much broader list of topics have also been discussed in this series.
A look back at previous SMAC TALKS.