Arthur Berg is an Associate Professor of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics at Penn State.
Berg received his PhD in Mathematics from University of California, San Diego (UCSD) in 2007. He received his MS in Statistics from UCSD in 2005. He received his BS and MA in Mathematics from the University of Southern California in 2002.
Berg frequently engages in collaborative research relating to all forms of biostatistics and bioinformatics analyses. He has utilized numerous software tools to perform diverse types of statistical analyses, and he has developed many computational tools of his own. In addition to his computational strengths, he has also written a number of methodological papers in biostatistics and statistics. During his time at Penn State, he has participated in several successful collaborations with faculty, postdocs and students that has involved biostatistical expertise.
Berg has served as the Biostatistics PhD Program Director since the graduate program started in 2012.
- Berg, A. (2020). Assessing the impact of the nih ctsa program on clinical trials registered with clinicaltrials.gov. Clinical and Translational Science.
- Berg, A. (2020). Bayesian statistics in the classroom: Introducing shrinkage with basketball statistics and the internet movie database. Teaching Statistics.
- Liao, J., Midya, V. & Berg, A. (2020). Connecting and contrasting the bayes factor and a modified rope procedure for testing interval null hypotheses. The American Statistician.
- Berg, A., Politis, D., Suaray, K. & Zeng, H. (2019). Reduced bias nonparametric lifetime density and hazard estimation. Test.
- Liao, J. & Berg, A. (2019). Sharpening jensen’s inequality. The American Statistician. Liao, J., Berg, A. & McMurry, T. L. (2019). A robustified posterior for bayesian inference on a large number of parallel effects. The American Statistician.
- Farkas, G. J., Gorgey, A. S., Dolbow, D. R., Berg, A. S. & Gater, D. R. (2019). Caloric intake relative to total daily energy expenditure using a spinal cord injury–specific correction factor: An analysis by level of injury. American journal of physical medicine & rehabilitation.
- Farkas, G. J., Pitot, M. A., Berg, A. S. & Gater, D. R. (2019). Nutritional status in chronic spinal cord injury: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Spinal cord.
- He, F., Berg, A., Kawasawa, Y. I., Bixler, E. O., Fernandez-Mendoza, J., Whitsel, E. A. & Liao, D. (2019). Association between dna methylation in obesity-related genes and body mass index percentile in adolescents. Scientific reports.
- Kline, B. P., Weaver, T., Brinton Jr, D. L., Harris, L., Yochum, G. S., Berg, A. S. & Koltun, W. A. (2019). Clinical and genetic factors impact time to surgical recurrence after ileocolectomy for crohn disease. Annals of Surgery.
PHS 528 -- Bayesian Statistics