The Penn State Eberly College of Science Outreach Office offers many opportunities for K-12 Educators to engage their students in science.
- Parents and K-12 educators! We are going to be offering more and more after school activities and quick science experiments online to keep your family and students thinking about science and the world around us. So keep checking back here for a weekly science challenges put together by Penn State faculty and students.
- The office of Outreach and Science Engagement bases the success of science programs on partnerships formed over years of working in the science and science education fields. Here is a list of common partnerships.
- Off Campus School Visits
- On occasion, faculty graduate students and undergraduate students in the College of Science engage in outreach by coming to your classroom to lead your students in science activities and demonstrations. These opportunities are determined by grant funding and direct communication with individual faculty. Please contact our office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in requesting or arranging such a visit at your school.
- Job Opportunities
- Several job opportunities exist during summer weeks. Mostly we are in need of instructional staff for the Science-U camps. Click for more info!
- STEM Teacher Academy
- A professional development program designed to provide area teachers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) the opportunity to visit a laboratory, learn about latest research results in their teaching field, and begin to develop professional relationships with Penn State University faculty members to help foster a collaborative partnership between the University and the schools.
- Non-science Penn State Sites and Tours
- Websites and links for Penn State visits that are not related to Science per se, but can be included to fill your day with popular Penn State sites and landmarks.
- Science Department Contacts
- Campus Lab Tour and Field Trip Design Center Department Contact Page. Find the faculty and office contacts to email directly to set up your visit to Penn State science facilities today! For larger groups, you will need to separate students into focus groups of no more than 30.