Penn State Science
- Research in Action: NIH Grant Enables Cavener Lab to Discover Mechanisms to Improve Insulin Regulation
- 17 August 2015 — A typical day for Doug Cavener, the new Dean of the Eberly College of Science, is anything but typical. While he spends most of his week attending to administration and fundraising duties for the college, one may also find him sitting at a microscope looking at fluorescent pancreatic beta cells with one of his graduate students or analyzing giraffe genome sequences at his computer.
- Software can automatically critique composition of digital photographs
- 13 August 2015 — Software provides digital photographers with constructive feedback
- Quantum computing advance locates neutral atoms
- 12 August 2015 — For any computer, being able to manipulate information is essential, but for quantum computing, singling out one data location without influencing any of the surrounding locations is difficult. Now, a team of Penn State physicists has a method for addressing individual neutral atoms without changing surrounding atoms.