Penn State Science
- Free public lecture on February 25: "Marine Mammals as Health Sentinels for Oceans and Us"
- 22 February 2017 — A free public lecture titled "Marine Mammals as Health Sentinels for Oceans and Us" will be given by Gregory D. Bossart, the Senior Vice President for Animal Health, Research, and Conservation at the Georgia Aquarium, at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 25, in 100 Thomas Building on the Penn State University Park campus.
- Three from Eberly College of Science awarded Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellowships
- 21 February 2017 — Three faculty members from the Eberly College of Science have been honored with Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellowships in recognition of their research accomplishments. The new Sloan Fellows are: Michael DeGiorgio, assistant professor of biology; Kin Fai Mak, assistant professor of physics; and Kohta Murase, assistant professor of physics and of astronomy and astrophysics.
- NSF funds supercomputer cluster at Penn State
- 21 February 2017 — The Penn State Cyber-Laboratory for Astronomy, Materials, and Physics (CyberLAMP) is acquiring a high-performance computer cluster that will facilitate interdisciplinary research and training in cyberscience and is funded by a grant from the National Science Foundation.