Penn State Science
- Watch live: Ashtekar introduced to membership of National Academy of Sciences
- 28 April 2017 — Watch as Penn State University Professor of Physics Abhay Ashtekar, Holder of the Eberly Family Chair in Physics and director of the Penn State Institute for Gravitation and the Cosmos, is introduced to his colleagues in the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) and signs the 154-year-old “Registry of Membership.”
- Sarah Ades named 2017 Penn State Teaching Fellow
- 28 April 2017 — Sarah Ades, associate professor of biochemistry and molecular biology at Penn State University, has been named a 2017 Penn State Teaching Fellow, the Penn State Alumni Association Award for Excellence in Teaching. The award was established in 1988 to honor distinguished teaching and to encourage teaching excellence.
- Penn State and Geisinger team up in new program to train next generation of biomedical scientists
- 27 April 2017 — A new $2.4-million program for graduate students seeking to contribute to breakthrough discoveries in medicine and biology has been established at Penn State University. The new Biomedical Big Data to Knowledge Training Program (B2D2K) brings together researchers at Penn State and the Geisinger Genomic Medicine Institute to accelerate advances in the biomedical and life sciences.