Penn State Science
- College Undergraduate Poster Exhibit Winners Announced
- 01 October 2014 — Eleven undergraduate students from a variety of science disciplines were selected as winners at the Eberly College of Science Undergraduate Experiences Poster Session held on September 25 on the Life Sciences Bridge. Students who have had a research experience, internship, co-op, or study abroad were invited to participate. Participants presented a poster for other interested students and faculty members.
- Krishna Kanti Dey Awarded First Prize at Postdoc Research Exhibition
- 01 October 2014 — Krishna Kanti Dey, a postdoctoral scholar in the Department of Chemistry and member of the Sen group, won first place honors and a $500 prize at the seventh annual Penn State Postdoctoral Research Exhibition held at the Nittany Lion Inn on September 24.
- Predicting the Future of Antarctic Ice
- 30 September 2014 — The National Science Foundation's Division of Mathematical Sciences has awarded more than $500,000 to Penn State to develop new statistical methods needed for predicting the future of Antarctic ice sheets, which now are melting at an alarming rate. Using information gleaned from geologic data from the past 20,000 years, the scientists also will apply their new methods to provide a better understanding of the past and current behavior of the ice sheets.