Penn State Science
- Mark Maroncelli Receives Joel Henry Hildebrand Award in the Theoretical & Experimental Chemistry of Liquids
- 28 August 2014 — Mark Maroncelli, professor of chemistry at Penn State, has won the American Chemical Society’s Joel Henry Hildebrand Award in the Theoretical & Experimental Chemistry of Liquids. Maroncelli will receive this award in recognition of his distinguished contributions to the understanding of the chemistry and physics of liquids in a ceremony during 2015 at the 249th annual meeting of the American Chemical Society in Denver. The award is sponsored by ExxonMobil Research and Engineering.
- Penn State launches new online graduate certificate in applied bioinformatics
- 28 August 2014 — The breakthrough of sequencing the human genome created a need for professionals with backgrounds in life and computer sciences to analyze vast amounts of biological data for developing gene-based drugs and treatments. In response, Penn State World Campus is offering a new graduate certificate in applied bioinformatics that will train a new generation of biomedical researchers in computational thinking and procedures. These skills will allow them to apply algorithmic processes, tools and techniques to their data for a deeper understanding of biological processes.
- Internships Solidify Research Career Path for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Student
- 28 August 2014 — Internships and externships can be valuable experiences that help you define your career path. Sarah Chang, a junior in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, has participated in both experiences as a Penn State Science student.