Penn State Science
- Marker Lectures in Genetic Engineering Scheduled for January 23 and 24
- 17 January 2017 — William R. Jacobs, Jr., professor of microbiology and immunology and professor of genetics at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigator, will present the Russell Marker Lectures in Genetic Engineering on January 23 and 24, 2017 at the Penn State University Park campus. The free public lectures are sponsored by the Penn State Eberly College of Science.
- An ecological invasion mimics a drunken walk
- 11 January 2017 — A theory that uses the mathematics of a drunken walk describes ecological invasions better than waves, according to Tim Reluga, associate professor of mathematics and biology, Penn State.
- Deepest x-ray image ever reveals black hole treasure trove
- 09 January 2017 — An unparalleled image from NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory is giving an international team of astronomers the best look yet at the growth of black holes over billions of years beginning soon after the Big Bang. This is the deepest X-ray image ever obtained, collected with about 7 million seconds, or 11 and a half weeks, of Chandra observing time.