Penn State Science
- Ecology on the wing: Aerial photography enhances conservation research
- 18 September 2015 — Drones have been flying over the Ugalla Forest in Western Tanzania. Far from being part of a military operation, these drones are being used to map chimpanzee habitat as part of an international research collaboration.
- Penn State receives two awards for materials research and education
- 14 September 2015 — The National Science Foundation (NSF) has announced six Partnership for Research and Education in Materials (PREM) awards this year -- two of them involving Penn State University. The awards are designed to improve materials-science research by increasing diverse perspectives within the field.
- Graduate students develop sustainability solutions to change the world
- 31 August 2015 — Five interdisciplinary teams, made up of Penn State graduate students, presented their sustainability-related solutions to world challenges at the Dow Sustainability Innovation Student Challenge Awards (SISCA). These students highlighted the connection to their homes and their research, showing why their work matters not just to them, but to those around the world.