Penn State Science
- In Memoriam: Mercedes Richards (1955-2016)
- 05 February 2016 — The Eberly College of Science mourns the loss of Mercedes Richards, professor of astronomy and astrophysics, who passed away on February 3. Richards joined the Penn State faculty in 2002 as a professor of astronomy and astrophysics.
- Popular “Study Smarter, Not Harder” Workshop Returns for Spring Semester
- 04 February 2016 — The popular “Study Smarter, Not Harder” workshop for students will be held on February 9 and 25 at 6:30 p.m. in 100 Life Sciences Building.
- What dose of medication is best to prevent the evolution of drug resistance?
- 28 January 2016 — A new model shows that the standard practice of treating infections with the highest tolerable dose of anti-microbe medications may not be best for preventing the evolution of drug resistance in all cases. A paper describing the research will be published on January 28, 2016 in the journal PLOS Computational Biology.