Research News at Penn State's Eberly College of Science
- Disease-associated genes routinely missed in some genetic studies
- 20 April 2017 — Whole-exome DNA sequencing -- a technology that saves time and money by sequencing only protein-coding regions and not the entire genome -- may routinely miss detecting some genetic variations associated with disease, according to Penn State researchers who have developed new ways to identify such omissions.
- Penn State University and Salus University Establish Strategic Alliance through Memorandum of Understanding
- 12 April 2017 — Salus University Pennsylvania College of Optometry (Salus PCO) and Penn State University (Penn State) recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to create an Early Assurance Admission Program.
- Study reveals 10,000 years of genetic continuity in northwest North America
- 05 April 2017 — A study of the DNA in ancient skeletal remains adds to the evidence that indigenous groups living today in southern Alaska and the western coast of British Columbia are descendants of the first humans to make their home in northwest North America more than 10,000 years ago.