Research News at Penn State's Eberly College of Science
- An ecological invasion mimics a drunken walk
- 11 January 2017 — A theory that uses the mathematics of a drunken walk describes ecological invasions better than waves, according to Tim Reluga, associate professor of mathematics and biology, Penn State.
- Deepest x-ray image ever reveals black hole treasure trove
- 09 January 2017 — An unparalleled image from NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory is giving an international team of astronomers the best look yet at the growth of black holes over billions of years beginning soon after the Big Bang. This is the deepest X-ray image ever obtained, collected with about 7 million seconds, or 11 and a half weeks, of Chandra observing time.
- Stressed snakes strike first
- 21 December 2016