Research News at Penn State's Eberly College of Science
- Graduate students develop sustainability solutions to change the world
- 31 August 2015 — Five interdisciplinary teams, made up of Penn State graduate students, presented their sustainability-related solutions to world challenges at the Dow Sustainability Innovation Student Challenge Awards (SISCA). These students highlighted the connection to their homes and their research, showing why their work matters not just to them, but to those around the world.
- Software can automatically critique composition of digital photographs
- 13 August 2015 — Software provides digital photographers with constructive feedback
- Quantum computing advance locates neutral atoms
- 12 August 2015 — For any computer, being able to manipulate information is essential, but for quantum computing, singling out one data location without influencing any of the surrounding locations is difficult. Now, a team of Penn State physicists has a method for addressing individual neutral atoms without changing surrounding atoms.