Research News at Penn State's Eberly College of Science
- Ecology on the wing: Aerial photography enhances conservation research
- 18 September 2015 — Drones have been flying over the Ugalla Forest in Western Tanzania. Far from being part of a military operation, these drones are being used to map chimpanzee habitat as part of an international research collaboration.
- Graduate students develop sustainability solutions to change the world
- 31 August 2015 — Five interdisciplinary teams, made up of Penn State graduate students, presented their sustainability-related solutions to world challenges at the Dow Sustainability Innovation Student Challenge Awards (SISCA). These students highlighted the connection to their homes and their research, showing why their work matters not just to them, but to those around the world.
- Software can automatically critique composition of digital photographs
- 13 August 2015 — Software provides digital photographers with constructive feedback