Learning Resources for the 2014 Penn State Lectures on the Frontiers of Science
1 February 2014
"Engineering SuperMicrobes to Save Us" presented by Howard Silas.
8 February 2014
"Hot Chocolate: Helping the Cacao Plant Adapt to Climate Change" presented by Mark Guiltinan and Siela Maximova.
- The Guiltinan Lab
- Theobroma cacao
- The World Cocoa Foundation
- Predicting the Impact of Climate Change on the Cocoa-Growing Regions in Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire. (34 page PDF)
15 February 2014
"Protecting the Earth from Killer Asteroids" presented by Rachel Stevenson.
- NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL)
- The NEOWISE Project
- NASA's Near Earth Object Program
- The California Institute of Technology's Infrared Processing and Analysis Center