College of Science Alumni Society
The Eberly College of Science Alumni Society was established to promote better acquaintance and fellowship among alumni, faculty, students, and friends, and to promote the interests of science education and research. The Society is governed by an 18-member Board of Directors, with members from industry, government, law, and academia. The Board returns to campus twice a year for business meetings.
All graduates of the College of Science are members of the Eberly College of Science Alumni Society and also receive a lifetime subscription to the Science Journal, the College's magazine.
The Society and the Alumni Board enhance the quality of science education at Penn State and provide advice and support to administrators, faculty, students, and alumni.
Highlights of the Society's contributions and activities:
- Provide networking and mentorship opportunities for students and alumni
- Sponsor the C. I. Noll Award for Excellence in Teaching, the Distinguished Service Award, and the Outstanding Science Alumni Award
- Financially support students through the Alumni Society Scholarship
- Provide funds for special projects through the Alumni Society Endowment
- Host regional and campus alumni events for science graduates
If you are a member of the Penn State Alumni Association, you are eligible to serve on the Eberly College of Science Alumni Society's Board. In addition to keeping strong ties to Penn State and the Eberly College of Science, your Penn State Alumni Association membership offers:
- Automatic subscription to The Penn Stater and The Football Letter
- A number of special services offered through the Penn State Alumni Association
Applications to serve on the Alumni Board of the Eberly College of Science are accepted on a rolling basis with elections held in the spring of each year.
For more information, contact the Science Alumni Relations Office at 814-863-3705 or firstname.lastname@example.org.