Juniata College (B.S., Magna Cum Laude), 1976
University of Washington (Ph.D., Physics), 1982
Honors and Awards
- Director and PI, CarbonEARTH GK-12 Program, 2010-2015.
- Chair, International Conference on Structures at Surfaces (ICSOS), 2014.
- Chair, Local Organizing Committee for the Mid-Atlantic Section Meeting of American Physical Society, 2014.
- Chair, American Physical Society Forum on Education, 2011-2012
- Chair of Advisory Committee to American Institute of Physics Statistical Research Center, 2010
- Steering Committee of APS Conference on Revitalizing Graduate Education in Physics, 2007.
- Juniata College Distinguished Alumni and Outstanding Science Alumni, 2007
- WISE Outstanding Service Award, 2006
- Fulbright Distinguished Scholar Fellowship, 2006
- Chair of APS/AAPT Joint Task Force on Graduate Education in Physics, 2004-2005
- Penn State Faculty Scholar Medal, 2004
- Chair, Penn State Commission for Women, 2003-2004
- Fellow of Institute of Physics (UK), 2003
- Executive Editorial Board, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 2003-9
- Honorary Member, Graduate Women in Science, 2001
- Fellow of American Physical Society, 1999
- Distinguished Service Award, American Association of Physics Teachers, 1999
- Provost’s Collaborative and Curricular Innovations Award, 1997.
- Sigma Pi Sigma Physics Honor Society 1975.
- Juniata College Honor Society, 1975.