Scheduling One-On-One Appointments
* Our office will be conducting office-hours remotely. Please schedule an appointment in Starfish in the same manner you always have, and you will receive instructions for connecting to our individual Zoom Room. If you have questions or concerns about how these remote meetings will work, please email us directly.
How to Gain Access to Prehealth Advising Appointments
To schedule an appointment with a Prehealth Adviser (outside of drop-in advising appointments), you must have a prehealth referral enabled in Starfish. To gain a prehealth referral, you can do one of two things:
1. Attend a live group advising session (via Zoom). See schedule in the "Health Professions Group Advising" tab below.
2. Join our "Prehealth Group Advising" Canvas module. Watch a pre-recorded session (preferably a Foundations Level presentation) and complete the "Post Presentation Reflection" short answer question.
After completing either of these activities, you will receive a prehealth referral in Starfish within a week. Please allow up to 5 business days for this to process.
How to Schedule an Appointment with a Prehealth Adviser
Current students, to schedule an appointment with an advisor:
- Log into Starfish to find an appointment with any prehealth advisor.
- To find a specific advisor, and see our service page, click here.
- Click on the Schedule Appointment link in the service description or scroll down to find a specific advisor’s calendar under the Service Members listed. The Service Calendar (left-hand side) will show dates with scheduled appointment slots. Bold-face dates are ones with available appointment slots.
- Click the + icon next to your preferred appointment slot.
- Select a reason for the appointment.
- Type a detailed description for the meeting to help the advisor best prepare for the meeting.
- Once you create the appointment, Starfish will send you an email confirming the appointment as well as a reminder email closer to the appointment date. Your new appointment will appear in your Starfish “Dashboard.”
To cancel an appointment: Click the “X” in the upper right of the appointment block on your Dashboard. If you cancel, please do so in advance and provide reasons for why the appointment is being cancelled.
If you are unable to find a time available, please email email@example.com to request an appointment. Only students with prehealth referrals will be able to schedule this way.
Alum or prospective students, to schedule an appointment with an advisor:
Please call our office at 814-865-7620. Same-day appointments will not be made. Plan to schedule appointments at least two weeks in advance.