Applying to the health professions as an alum?
Past PSU applicants have found that it can be extremely beneficial to take a "Gap Year" or more in order to finish prerequisite courses, gain essential experiences and exposures to health care, conduct research, participate in volunteer programs, or work full-time in another industry altogether.
Alumni of Penn State are welcome to utilize the services of the Pre-Health Advising Center. We are happy to meet with alums through in-person appointments, over the phone, or via Zoom to provide advice and support to individuals considering a health career. Alumni may also use our e-portfolio and letter collection services, and apply for our letter packet at any time after graduating from Penn State.
We want to assist alumni with understanding:
- Information about health profession prerequisites and expectations.
- The demands of a health professions degree.
- The keys to being a successful health professional school applicant.
- Relevant courses and experiences that strengthen their application.
- Application assistance and candidacy evaluation.
- Comprehensive Interview and Cover Letter for health professions applicants.
If you are a graduate of Penn State and interested in applying to a Health Professions program, please call our office at 814-865-7620 to schedule an appointment. You may also attend our virtual group advising sessions! View our Health Professions Group Advising Sessions schedule above to join in the live sessions. Alumni may also join any of our Prehealth Canvas Modules linked in the material above. This provides access to recorded sessions, health professions resources, timely announcements, and more.