The Science Advising Center has relocated to the East Wing of Ritenour Building.
Science and Pre-Health Advising Center
East Wing, 225 Ritenour Bldg
University Park, PA 16802
Alumi or prospective students, to schedule an appointment with an advisor:
Please call our office at 814-863-3889. Same-day appointments will not be made. Plan to schedule appointments at least two weeks in advance.
Spring 2020 Walk-in Hours:
Walk-in Hours, January 21- May 1:
Walk-ins will be held during specified days and times. All other times will need to be scheduled through Starfish.
In response to COVID-19 distance learning, these meetings will be held remotely. Please head to Starfish to check-in at the time you wish to meet (during the following days and times).
There will be walk-ins on the following days:
- Monday 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM - Melissa Krajcovic and Joanna Maatta
- Tuesday 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - John Moses
- Wednesday 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM - Lucais Wallen and one of either Kimberly Johnson, Melissa Krajcovic, or John Moses
- Thursday 1:30 - 3:30 PM - Lucais Wallen
- Friday 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Carolyn Jensen and Kimberly Johnson
*** Our office will be conducting walk-in office-hours remotely. If it is during one of the times listed above, please go to Starfish, and schedule an appointment during the specified block (15 minutes only). Once you have scheduled your time, copy the link to the Zoom Room and paste it into your browser. You may then enter the Zoom Room. If your adviser is currently meeting with another student, you will be directed to the waiting room. Your adviser will be with you as soon as they are available. ***
FOR DISCUSSIONS ABOUT LATE DROPPING A CLASS ONLY: Friday, April 10, 9:00-11:30am & 1:30-5:00pm
FOR WITHDRAWING FROM SPRING SEMESTER ONLY: Friday, May 1, 10:00am-12:00pm, 1:30-5:00pm
SPRING 2020 FINALS WEEK WALK-IN SCHEDULE
Please email your adviser directly during this time.
E-mails and Advising
- Include your name, a greeting, and your student ID number.
- Please do not use text message lingo.
- Remember, problems are more difficult to address and solve by e-mail.
- Only e-mail one adviser at a time. E-mailing multiple advisers with the same issue creates confusion and may delay our response to you.
We’ll do our best to answer your questions as quickly as possible, but due to the volume of e-mail we receive we might not be able to answer them on the same day. Our goal is to respond to e-mails received within three business days, so your patience is much appreciated.