Transfer Student FAQs

Main Content

What is a transfer student?

Students who have attempted 18 or more credit hours at another institution after earning their high school diploma or GED are considered transfer students.

What is required to transfer to Penn State Science at University Park?

Students can apply to transfer to University Park once Entrance to Major (ETM) requirements for their intended major have been fulfilled. Applicants with less than two years of course work can start at one of the other campuses and transition to University Park upon completion of ETM requirements. Learn more about Eberly College of Science transfer requirements.

How do I apply to transfer to Penn State Science?

The application process is detailed by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

How will my credits earned at another institution transfer to Penn State?

The Undergraduate Advising Handbook outlines the transfer credit process. You can also use the Transfer Course Evaluation tool to check if the courses you completed at outside institutions will transfer to Penn State and how they will count toward your graduation requirements.

I have accepted my offer to transfer to Penn State. What is next?

Congratulations on your acceptance to Penn State Science! You must make a reservation to attend Transfer Student Orientation (TSO) at University Park. There you will be introduced to life on campus, in the classroom, and in State College. Important activities you will complete include meeting with an academic adviser, scheduling your next semester's classes, and receiving your Penn State id+ Card.

Reserve your spot at TSO

Document Actions

Share this page: |