As a Penn State alum, it is a dream come true to be back at University Park as an employee. I began my time at the University in the Human Resources group and I am excited to now join the Eberly College of Science team! I am originally from the Philadelphia area and, due to my husband's prior military career, I have lived in 8 different states and in England. Although it was a great military adventure, we are thrilled to find our permanent home here in State College. Lastly, in addition to my husband, John, I have two wonderful future Penn Stater's, Sadie and Jeffrey.
- Assist the Associate Department Head for Graduate Education, Director of Graduate Affairs, Graduate Steering Committee, and Admissions Committee
- Coordinate day-to-day administrative duties related to the graduate program
- Assemble and maintain confidential graduate files
- Coordinate qualifying exams, comprehensive exams, graduate seminars, and thesis defenses
- Utilize LionPATH to enter and retrieve information for admission, drop/add, instructional information, audits, transcripts, etc.
- Responsible for on-boarding of incoming graduate students
- Monitor degree requirements for BMMB graduate students
- Responsible to the Recruiting Committee for sending information and responding to questions regarding the BMMB program
- Monitor all materials received from prospective students; maintain information on the GRADS system
- Coordinate arrangements for prospective student visits (travel, hotel, itineraries, poster sessions, meals, etc.)
- Send acceptance/rejection letters; compile information for committee review
- Coordinate graduate funding allocations which includes keeping accurate budget records of multiple funds • Prepare, approve, and submit graduate scholarships and appointments each semester
- Assist with the Applied Bioinformatics Certificate program and certificate process