I grew up just a few short hours south of Penn State's University Park Campus, in the small town of Short Gap, West Virginia. Both my parents attended and met at Penn State, therefore I have been a Penn Stater since birth. When I came to Penn State in 2001 my original major was Mechanical Engineering, but after completing my Junior year I realized that it just wasn't right for me. I graduated from Penn State with my bachelors in Agricultural Business Management in December of 2006.
In 2007 I headed south to Baltimore, Maryland, where I was employed as a District Executive for the Baltimore Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America. Over the next 5 years I oversaw the recruitment and programming for thousands of scouts ranging from first grade to seniors in high school, as well as the hundreds of volunteers needed in order to operate the program. In 2012, due to my lack of enthusiasm in city living, I transferred to State College, Pennsylvania, where I worked at the Juniata Valley Council, Boy Scouts of America.
Both my wife and I are huge Disney fanatics and love everything Disney, which now fortunately includes Pixar, Star Wars, and Marvel. We like to go to our favorite place on earth, Walt Disney World, as often as we are able, which has been about once a year prior to Covid. I am a huge Penn State fan as well as a Pittsburgh Steelers fan! I also enjoy sports, movies, video games and spending time with family and friends.
College or University Committees
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizes all aspects of the annual Summer Symposium in Molecular Biology in coordination with the faculty conveners
- Assist conveners with symposium funding, grant proposals, and management of symposium budgets
- Organize and attend all planning meetings
- Reserve venue and audiovisual equipment
- Assist speakers with travel arrangements
- Prepare promotional materials
- Collect abstracts and assemble proceedings book
- Work with vendors such as: hotels, catering, transportation, printing, and publication services
- Assists with the Chemistry Department’s biennial Bioinorganic Workshop
- Manages content for the Department’s website as well as the Department’s internal intranet.
- In addition, manages content for the Summer Symposium in Molecular Biology website.
- Serve as a consultant and backup to the Forensic Science Program website
- Coordinates marketing and communication for the Department
- Composes articles for publication
- Content creation for Departmental social media channels
- BMB content creation for Eberly College of Science digital signage boards
- Serves as Department photographer
- Serves as Department videographer