Research News at Penn State's Eberly College of Science
- Discovery rewriting the evolutionary history of the nervous system
- 08 March 2017 — Penn State researchers at the Huck Institutes of the Life Sciences uncover a long-standing, fundamental error in the story of the nervous system’s evolution.
- Gates Foundation grant boosts malaria research program: Supplemental $4.7 million will aid drug development to accelerate malaria eradication
- 03 March 2017 — An international team, including researchers at Penn State, have received a three-year, $4.7 million supplemental grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to advance their development of improved therapies for malaria eradication.
- $2.35 million grant enables better prediction of infectious disease outbreaks
- 02 March 2017 — Researchers at Penn State have received $2.35 million from the National Science Foundation to study disease transmission among animals with a goal of better predicting outbreaks of infectious diseases within humans.