- In Memoriam: Mercedes Richards (1955-2016)
- 05 February 2016 — The Eberly College of Science mourns the loss of Mercedes Richards, professor of astronomy and astrophysics, who passed away on February 3. Richards joined the Penn State faculty in 2002 as a professor of astronomy and astrophysics.
- Thomas Wartik, in Memoriam, 1921 to 2013
- 03 June 2013 — Thomas Wartik, professor emeritus of chemistry and dean emeritus of the Penn State University Eberly College of Science, died on 29 May 2013 at Foxdale Village in State College at the age of 91.
- Joseph Dixon, in Memoriam, 1919 to 2013
- 11 February 2013 — Joseph Dixon, professor emeritus of chemistry and former head of the Penn State University Department of Chemistry, died on 7 February 2013 at the age of 93.
- Penn State Mourns Alumni Leader and Philanthropist J. Lloyd Huck
- 10 December 2012 — University Park, Pa.—Penn State has lost an alumnus whose leadership and philanthropy have helped the University to become a pioneer in the life sciences. J. Lloyd Huck, the retired chairman of the board of pharmaceutical firm Merck & Company and a former chairman of Penn State’s Board of Trustees, died in State College this week at the age of 90. With his wife and fellow Class of 1943 member Dorothy Foehr Huck, he established endowments in fields ranging from molecular biology to nutrition, leading to the creation of the Huck Institutes of the Life Sciences.
- Penn State Mourns Alumni Leader and Philanthropist Verne Willaman
- 29 June 2012 — Penn State and the Eberly College of Science have lost a leading advocate and supporter with the passing of Verne M. Willaman, a class of 1951 graduate and retired chairman and president of Ortho Pharmaceutical Corporation. Willaman, whose philanthropy and volunteer leadership helped the University's life sciences and molecular biology programs to gain international prominence, died recently at his home in San Luis Obispo, Calif.
- Philip Skell, Evan Pugh Professor of Chemistry, Dies
- 30 November 2010 — Philip Skell, Evan Pugh professor of chemistry at Penn State University, died on 21 November 2010 of age-related causes. He was 91.
- Robert T. Simpson, International Science Leader, Dies at 65
- 28 April 2004
- Eberly College of Science News - Josef Pliva, Professor Emeritus of Physics, Deis at 75
- 17 March 2000
- Penn State Obituary: Russell Marker, Pioneer of the Steroid Hormone Industry, Dies at 92
- 01 January 1996 — Penn State obituary for Russell Marker, dated March 5, 1995.