Get Academic Help
We are committed to the academic success of students in the college's courses and undergraduate programs.
Students should consult their course syllabi and websites for detailed information, including professors', learning assistants' (LA), and/or teaching assistants' (TA) office hours and locations.
Utilize college and university-wide resources for learning assistance; below are helpful resources for students. Students are encouraged to contact specific departments for additional details.
- Resource Rooms and Study Spaces:
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology: A Student Common Computer Lounge in 102 South Frear Lab is available to all department majors and offers an area to study alone or with classmates.
- Biology: A department student study space is available in 115 Mueller lab.
- Chemistry: The Chemistry Resource Room is open from 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Mondays through Fridays, and located in 114 Whitmore. Chemistry evening tutorial sessions are from 6:30 – 10:30 p.m., Sundays through Thursdays.
- Physics: The Physics Learning Resource Center, located in 207 Osmond Lab, is staffed by 6-8 graduate students. Students in PHYS 001, 211-214, 250, and 251 can receive assistance from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. Sundays through Thursdays.
- Private Tutors:
- Astronomy and Astrophysics: Private tutors are listed on the department’s website or can be obtained by emailing email@example.com
- Chemistry: Private tutors are listed in the Undergraduate Chemistry Office in 130 Davey, 814-865-9391.
- Additional University Resources:
- Penn State Learning: Find on-campus collaborative learning via peer tutoring, guided study groups, and team project work spaces. Support is available for some lower level subject areas including biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, statistics, and astronomy.
- Tech Tutors: Turn to students trained by ITS Training Services who can assist students with technology-related assignments.
- Academic Success: Identify factors that can be obstacles to academic success and develop strategies to overcome them
- Disability Services: Pursue reasonable accommodations and services provided by The Office for Disability Services for students with disabilities who are enrolled at University Park.