Penn State Science Minors
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology minor (B M B)
- Biology minor (BIOL)
- Additional Entrance to Minor Form required
- Chemistry minor (CHEM)
- Mathematics minor (MATH)
- Microbiology minor (MICRB)
- Physics minor (PHYS)
- Planetary Science and Astronomy (PASTR)
- Statistics minor (STAT)
- Information Sciences and Technology for Mathematics minor (ISMTH) (joint minor)
- Marine Sciences (MARSC) (joint minor)
How to Apply for a Minor
Students are encouraged to contact a minor department for an appointment with a minor advisor when exploring a minor. Applications for an eligible minor are accepted any time after the student has attained fifth semester classification (60 credits) and has a primary major declared. Students wishing to declare a minor can do so on eLion. After declaring a minor, students should contact the minor department to ask for a minor advisor assignment. Students wishing to cancel a minor should contact their minor department.
Minor Application Deadline
To graduate with a minor, the student must be accepted in the minor before the late drop deadline of his or her last semester; however, if the minor has an entry fee, the student must be accepted before the end of the drop/add period of that semester.