Alumni Profile and Updates
Eberly College of Science alumni are making life better by serving the sciences and more. Now you have an opportunity to inspire our current students with real life testimony.
Share your career experiences since graduation and let us know if you have an interest in being a mentor or course guest speaker. By completing this easy form, you can share your professional and personal updates.
You can also contact me the old fashioned way!
Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
Eberly College of Science
ALUMNI NEWS STORIES (alpha order)
- Alexandra Evans ('12 B.S. Biology) is attending the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Daniel A. Griffith, Ph.D. ('85 M.S. Statistics) is the Asbhel Smith Professor of Geospatial Information Sciences at the University of Texas/Dallas. He was elected a 2015 fellow of the American Statistical Association (ASA). He is also an elected Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and currently Chair of the Steering Committee of the International Spatial Accuracy Research Association (ISARA), co-chair of the Geocomputation 2015 conference, a Steering Committee member of the International Geographical Union Commission on Modeling Geographical Systems, and past editor of Geographical Analysis.
- Jacob Hanchar ('02 B.S. Biology) reopened Klavon's Ice Cream Parlor in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and made special arrangements to serve Penn State Creamery ice cream. The location for this old fashioned ice cream parlor is 28th & Penn Streets, Pittsburgh.
- Thomas Scharnitz ('12 B.S. Biology) is a third-year medical student at Penn State Hershey College of Medicine, where he is also a dermatology research assistant.
- James Thomas ('81 B.S. Biology; '85 M.D. Hershey) published a guide to understanding hoarseness and voice disorders, Why is There a Frog in my Throat?. Thomas is a laryngologist specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of vocal chords. He completed his study of laryngology at Southern Illinois University after receiving his medical degree from Penn State Hershey.