UNCF / MERCK Science Intiative (UMSI)
UNCF/Merck Undergraduate Science Research Scholarship Awards are intended to help African American undergraduate students who are interested in science to further their science education and potentially pursue science and engineering careers. The UNCF/Merck awards provide tuition support and opportunities for research experience in a state-of-the-art research facility.
To be considered for a UNCF/Merck Undergraduate Science Research Scholarship Award, you must be:
* African American (Black)
* Enrolled full-time in any four-year college or university in the United States
* A junior who will be a B.S. or B.A. degree candidate in the 2012-2013 academic year
* A life sciences, physical sciences, or engineering major. (Applicants majoring in the physical sciences must have completed two semesters of organic chemistry by the end of the 2011-12 academic year). First professional (Pharm.D., D.V.M., D.D.S., etc.) majors are ineligible
* A student with a minimum GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
* Committed to and eligible for the summer internship at a Merck facility
* A citizen or permanent resident of the United States.