PA AHEC Scholars Program Accepting Applications
*Northwest and Southcentral Pennsylvania Area Health Education Centers in
conjunction with Penn State University School of Medicine present the PA
AHEC Scholars Program*
The PA AHEC Scholars Program is designed to provide pre-medical and
pre-dental students professional development opportunities to prepare them
for the medical or dental school application and acceptance. Students will
be given the opportunity to build their resume and prepare a personal
statement and an application that will be compelling to admissions
committees of Pennsylvania medical schools.
Please find a printable copy of the application and more information online:
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY MAY 27, 2011
*Eligibility to Submit an Application*
Must be a Second Semester Freshman.
Be a Pre-Medical or Pre-Dental Student in a Pennsylvania
College/University (“Pre-medical/dental” is defined as having a curriculum
that can fulfill the course requirements for entrance into medical/dental
Resident of or attending school in one of the following 31 counties in
- Butler, Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Forest,
Jefferson, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Potter, Venango, Warren – Use NW
PA AHEC website
- Adams, Bedford, Blair, Cambria, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin,
Fulton, Huntingdon, Indiana, Juniata, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry, Somerset,
York – use SC PA AHEC website
Selection Criteria to the Program
- Students must be from an Underserved Area or Disadvantaged Population (Advisors must confirm eligibility in writing).
- Academic Promise as a Pre-Med or Dental Student.
- Demonstrated Commitment to Serving People.
- Extra-Curricular Activities.
** Consideration given to pre-medical/dental students who are Pennsylvania
residents attending an out-of-state college/university if openings are