Children's Hospital of Richmond, JACK'S Summer Scholars Program
- 25 October 2011 11:15 AM to 1 February 2012 12:00 AM
- Children's Hospital of Richmond, VA
- Contact Name
- Dr. Hendricks-Muñoz, JACK’S Summer Scholars Program Director
- Contact Phone
- Add event to calendar
The goals of JACK’s Summer Scholars Program are to:
• Foster student interest in the importance of medical research and the medical profession through
exploration of various areas of pediatrics and neonatology.
• Use mentorship to educate in a collaborative team environment and to teach medical professionalism.
Pre-Med Undergraduate Track
Program candidates are selected from a highly competitive
pool of applicants. All levels of university students in good
standing are encouraged to apply, however preference
is given to rising seniors.
This track offers pre-medical undergraduate college students
an introduction to research, patient care, and ethical issues
in neonatology. This track also provides exposure to a
broad spectrum of health care providers through pediatric
medicine shadowing opportunities. Each student is paired
with a medical student for their project.
Application and Important Dates
Application deadline - February 1, 2012
Program dates - May 21, 2012 - July 15, 2012
Download the JACK'S Summer Scholars Program application.
*Please email completed application to jackssummerscholars@gmail.