Academic Advising In The Eberly College of Science
Each department/major within the College has its own advising resources. One of the Academic Advising Center's functions is to assist you in navigating and utilizing advising services offered within the College. We are happy to provide referrals to appropriate personnel to answer your advising related questions.
The Center is located in 213 Whitmore Lab, can be reached by phone at 814-863-3889, and is open Monday to Friday from 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. except on University holidays.
Have a question? Need a referral to academic advising services? Ask the Science Adviser!
What is Goal of Advising in the Eberly College of Science?
To assist students with understanding:
- their interests and abilities.
- the relevant policies and procedures of Penn State.
- the relevant academic environments of Penn State.
- the relationship between their abilities/interests and the expectations of the Penn State academic environments.
- the academic standards of their selected post baccalaureate professional activities.
- the relationship between their academic credentials and the professional standards of their selected post baccalaureate professional activities.